The emphasis on week two was cleaning up the website, while getting technical advice on strategic implementation.
This week Udoka and I worked on adding a YouTube plugin into the website. After 3 long days of trying to implement the YouTube video without glitches, the project was abandoned as it disrupted other working parts of the website. Now we are strictly focusing on Vimeo and perfecting the video sync.
On Friday, I visited a lead at Google for feedback on the product. She was blown away and was enthusiastic about the project. As she worked for YouTube, she took time to explain the components of a video platform and how to grow it.
By Tuesday, the website should be fully ready and user acquisition will start. I've been advised to use a grass roots approach and only allow passionate users onto the platform. This will create a core following upon which generic users can be acquired.
The primary objectives for this week are as follows:
This week Udoka and I worked on adding a YouTube plugin into the website. After 3 long days of trying to implement the YouTube video without glitches, the project was abandoned as it disrupted other working parts of the website. Now we are strictly focusing on Vimeo and perfecting the video sync.
On Friday, I visited a lead at Google for feedback on the product. She was blown away and was enthusiastic about the project. As she worked for YouTube, she took time to explain the components of a video platform and how to grow it.
By Tuesday, the website should be fully ready and user acquisition will start. I've been advised to use a grass roots approach and only allow passionate users onto the platform. This will create a core following upon which generic users can be acquired.
The primary objectives for this week are as follows:
- Talk to potential members of the founding team (two leads)
- Get legal advice on patent protection (towards next funding round)
- Start user acquisition (grass roots)
I have also been invited to an event held by the London Technology City Initiative, hopefully it creates leads.
No comments:
Post a Comment